About the SALHN GP Integration Unit
The GP Integration Unit (GPIU) has been established to provide a link between Southern Adelaide Local Health Network (SALHN) and General Practices in the Southern Adelaide area. This is a dual initiative between Southern Adelaide Local Health Network (SALHN) and Adelaide Primary Health Network.
Meet the GPIU team
Dr Mai Duong (GP)
GP Integration Officer (part time)
GP Integration Unit Nurse Consultant (part time)
Enhanced partnerships between SALHN and General Practice to facilitate seamless health care.
We aim to develop sustainable clinical collaboration, professional partnerships, as well as service improvements and administrative efficiencies.
- Assistance for general practices in navigating hospital services
- Facilitating two way communication between SALHN and GPs in the southern regions
- Supporting clinical handover improvements to optimise the patient journey
- Representing GPs at key SALHN strategic planning discussions
- Keeping GPs up to date with new initiatives across SALHN
- Raising the profile of GPs as the key contributor to patient health and well being
- Supporting medical records services to provide GPs with timely access to medical information
- Portal for GP feedback, suggestions and priority issues through face to face consultation and collaborative learning initiatives
Help us to help you
- Define your areas of special interest and clinical expertise within your practice
- Meet with us face to face so we can learn about your practice and challenges
- Give us the means of communication that works best for you
- Contact us with your feedback, suggestions and ideas