Information for visitors to SALHN hospitals
The safety and wellbeing of people in our hospital during COVID-19 means that there may be restrictions for visitors.
Visiting hours at Flinders Medical Centre and Noarlunga Hospital are generally between 8.00am and 10.00pm daily. Please ensure you check with the individual ward area you are visiting, as hours may vary for some services.
In general, there are no visitor restrictions on adult and paediatric hospital inpatients, palliative care, end of life and critically unwell inpatients.
Some visitor restrictions remain in place to protect the safety and welfare of people, including a limit of:
- 2 visitors for COVID-19 positive inpatients
- 1 visitor for adult and paediatric emergency and outpatients departments
- 2 support people/visitors for delivery and postnatal wards
- adult Intensive Care Unit (ICU) will follow standard unit protocol
- 2 visitors for neonates/neonatal ICU inpatients.
As always, exemptions to allow additional visitors are available in certain circumstances. Please speak with the treating Health Care team for more information.
When attending out sites
Please adhere to the following when attending our sites:
- If you are COVID-19 positive, don't visit for at least 7 days.
- If you are a close contact, don't visit for at least 7 days. If you have to visit, do a rapid antigen test (RAT) before you go. If RAT is positive or if you have symptoms do not visit.
- Universal mask wearing is no longer mandatory. You are welcome to wear a mask if you choose. Masks may be required when visiting some patients.
- Please use the alcohol-based hand rub provided to clean your hands when you enter and leave.
The continued safety and welfare of everyone in our hospital and health services is our priority.
Thank you for your understanding and for helping us keep our patients and community safe.