Work at SALHN
Southern Adelaide Local Health Network (SALHN) is a major employer in the southern Adelaide suburbs with over 8000 staff providing high quality patient care, education, research and health promoting services to the community. See our newly launched SALHN careers site.
SALHN provides excellent quality care to the southern community. There are new and modern facilities ensuring patients and staff have access to the highest quality services in the local community. These facilities include:
- Flinders Medical Centre’s new rehabilitation facility including state of the art gymnasiums, hydrotherapy pool and robotic equipment
- Access for patients and families from the palliative care unit to a large rooftop garden and 15 single rooms, all with individual bathrooms, providing greater privacy
- More car parking with a new 1820 space multi-storey car park
- The older person’s mental health unit featuring 30 single rooms with private ensuites, expanded research and staff areas, and a large, bright courtyard garden as the centrepiece of the new facility.
- Two new operating theatres and a day surgery unit at Noarlunga Hospital, and we have expanded the Flinders Medical Centre’s Emergency Department
SALHN has been working very hard to reduce the time patients are spending in hospital which we know leads to better health outcomes for our patients and the community.
This is the medical precinct to develop a career.
For vacancies, please visit the I Work For SA recruitment website.
Medical: Advanced Trainee Medical Officers
Overseas professionals: Careers for overseas professionals.
Employment enquiries can be directed to the contact person on each advertised vacancy. Please refer to
I Work For SA for our current employment opportunities.
If you are a doctor in training please contact:
The SALHN Trainee Medical Officer Unit (TMOU)
Phone: (08) 8204 7696
Postal: Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, South Australia 5042
Visit SA Careers for further information by clicking on SA Health Medical Recruitment
Early Careers, Graduate and Traineeship Programs
In addition to graduate medical programs and our Transition to Professional Practice Program (TPPP) for nursing, SALHN supports the SA Government’s commitment to increasing opportunities for university graduates.
Visit I Work for SA – Graduates for further information.
SALHN also supports early careers development opportunities for secondary school students in the Southern Adelaide region who are considering a career in health care.