Work at SALHN
Southern Adelaide Local Health Network (SALHN) is a major employer in the southern Adelaide suburbs with over 7000 staff providing high quality patient care, education, research and health promoting services to the community.
SALHN provides excellent quality care to the southern community. There are new and modern facilities ensuring patients and staff have access to the highest quality services in the local community. These facilities include:
- Flinders Medical Centre’s new rehabilitation facility including state of the art gymnasiums, hydrotherapy pool and robotic equipment
- Access for patients and families from the palliative care unit to a large rooftop garden and 15 single rooms, all with individual bathrooms, providing greater privacy
- More car parking with a new 1820 space multi-storey car park
- The older person’s mental health unit featuring 30 single rooms with private ensuites, expanded research and staff areas, and a large, bright courtyard garden as the centrepiece of the new facility.
- Two new operating theatres and a day surgery unit at Noarlunga Hospital, and we have expanded the Flinders Medical Centre’s Emergency Department
SALHN has been working very hard to reduce the time patients are spending in hospital which we know leads to better health outcomes for our patients and the community.
This is the medical precinct to develop a career.
For vacancies, please visit the IworkforSA.
Medical: Advanced Trainee Medical Officers
Nursing: Transition to Professional Practice Programs (TPPP)
Note: FMC does not employ assistants in nursing.
For employment enquiries please contact:
If you are a doctor in training please contact:
Mary Hatchard - Regional Manager
Trainee Medical Officer Unit
Telephone: (08) 8204 3149
Fax: (08) 8204 6292
Postal: Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, South Australia 5042
Visit SA Careers for further information by clicking on SA Health Medical Recruitment
Graduate and Traineeship Programs
In addition to graduate medical programs and TPPP, SALHN supports the SA Government’s commitment to increasing opportunities for university graduates.
Visit I work for SA – Graduates for further information.