Research governance at NALHN
The Research Governance Office is keen to discuss your project proposals with you at an early stage wherever possible and can help navigate the necessary paperwork needed to lodge a research application.
In accordance with the SA Health Research Governance Directive (PDF 319KB), all research within the Northern Adelaide Local Health Network (NALHN) requires authorisation of the delegated officer (Executive Director, Medical Services) before commencing.
At a minimum, this will includes a Site-Specific Assessment (SSA) (either a full SSA or Low/Negligible Risk form), research protocol, ethics approvals, and other supporting documents, depending on the type of study.
Submission Guidelines for the most common studies, including instructions and tool kits to help prepare a research governance application:
- Clinical Trials (Sponsored, CRG and Investigator Driven) (PDF 750KB)
- Investigator Initiated Clinical Trials (NALHN Sponsored) (PDF 768KB)
- Other Research Projects (Not Clinical Trials) (PDF 756KB)
- Quality Assurance and Audits (PDF 780KB)
- Case Reports
How to Submit an application
All applications needs to be submitted to the Research Governance Office. Instructions and checklists are available to assist in the process of how to submit an application.
Research Governance support and advice:
- Who can sign my forms?
- Access to Patient Records for Research
- Variations & Post Approval Submissions
- Finance – fees, budgets and oversight
- Clinical Trials Unit
- Forms and templates
- Useful links
Research Governance Officer