Regional Health Services
Our regional local health networks
To find out more about specific health services provided in your regional local health network (LHN) visit their services pages below:
- Barossa Hills Fleurieu Local Health Network
- Eyre and Far North Local Health Network
- Flinders and Upper North Local Health Network
- Limestone Coast Local Health Network
- Riverland Mallee Coorong Local Health Network
- Yorke and Northern Local Health Network
For a full list of our regional health hospitals and health services, visit the A to Z list of regional hospitals and health services page.
Residents living in regional South Australia have access to a range of services designed to maintain and improvements of health care in their local communities.
These services include:
- emergency medical care
- inpatient care
- primary and community care
- intermediate and acute care
- residential aged care
- home care.
SA Health Rural GP Agreement 2022-24
Information about the SA Health Rural GP Agreement is available on the Information for medical practitioners contracted by regional local health networks page.
Country Health Connect
Country Health Connect is the brand name for a wide range of in-home and community-based services provided by the regional LHNs to older people, people living with disability, children and carers across regional South Australia.
Our services will help you or your loved one stay well, active and independent.
Anyone of any age or ability may be eligible to access our services.
To find out more, go to the Country Health Connect website.
Rural Support Service
The Rural Support Service (RSS) is a business unit in SA Health that is responsible for providing flexible, responsive and innovative services to support the regional LHNs to grow and thrive by:
- providing system-wide capacity and capability across a range of specialised clinical and corporate functions
- enabling, where sustainable and appropriate, the regional LHNs to develop local capacity and capability to become self-sufficient in the delivery of these functions.
The RSS is also responsible for delivering some statewide services for and with all ten LHNs in South Australia.
For more information about the RSS, visit the Rural Support Service page.
Other regional health services
Other services available throughout regional South Australia include:
- BPD Co
- Community Mental Health Rehabilitation Service
- Country Referral Unit
- Integrated Cardiovascular Clinical Network SA (iCCnet)
- Integrated mental health inpatient units
- Patient Assistance Transport Scheme (PATS)
- Regional cancer services
- Regional Diabetes Service
- Regional Enrolled Nurse Cadetship Program
- Regional mental health services
- Regional LHN Scholarship Program
- Rural Emergency Responders Network (RERN)
- Rural Health Workforce Strategy
- Rural medical training
- SA Digital Telehealth Network
- SA Virtual Emergency Service (SAVES)
- Statewide Telerehabilitation Program
- Virtual Clinical Care Home Tele-Monitoring Service