Your oral health
A healthy mouth is important to your general health and wellbeing.
Caring for your teeth and gums
- Clean your teeth and gums morning and night — Brushing your teeth fact sheet (PDF 878KB)
- Use a small, soft toothbrush and adult fluoride toothpaste
- After brushing, spit the toothpaste out, but don’t rinse
- Limit how often you have sugary food and drink
- Choose healthy snacks like fruit and cheese
- Plain tap water is the best drink for your teeth
- Visit a dental professional regularly
- If you are a smoker, think about quitting (for free advice call call the Quitline 13 78 48).
Find your local SA Dental clinic.