The Chief Pharmacist of SA Health is Naomi Burgess.
The Chief Pharmacist is responsible for the provision of professional leadership, advice and broad direction on a diverse range of pharmacy and medicine issues to ensure best possible outcomes for all South Australians. The Chief Pharmacist is involved in:
- improving pharmacy service delivery
- facilitating the integration of pharmacy services within health services to ensure the best possible outcomes for people in our hospitals, aged care facilities and the community
- promoting the safe, cost-effective, quality use of medicines
- workforce planning and reform
- promoting the integration of evidence based research into clinical practice
- promoting education, training and professional development
- monitoring quality and safety standards.
National Immunisation Program Access
- 2022 Influenza Immunisation Program - Pharmacy access to influenza vaccine for the National Immunisation Program (NIP) fact sheet (PDF 119KB)
- Pharmacy Access to NIP influenza vaccine update (PDF 132KB)