Responsible for medicines policy, medicines education, administration of controlled substances legislation and health technology assessment
Naomi Burgess is the SA Health Chief Pharmacist.
The Chief Pharmacist is responsible for the provision of professional leadership, advice and broad direction on a diverse range of pharmacy and medicine issues to ensure best possible outcomes for all South Australians.
The Chief Pharmacist is involved in:
- improving pharmacy service delivery
- facilitating the integration of pharmacy services within health services to ensure the best possible outcomes for people in our hospitals, aged care facilities and the community
- promoting the safe, cost-effective, quality use of medicines
- workforce planning and reform
- promoting the integration of evidence based research into clinical practice
- promoting education, training and professional development
- monitoring quality and safety standards.
National Immunisation Program Access
- Preparing for COVID-19: your pharmacist can help (PDF 124KB)
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care: contributing to better health outcomes and experiences for all patients and consumers, and improved value and sustainability in the health system by leading and coordinating national improvements in the safety and quality of health care
- Medicines and Technology Programs: for medicines policy, medicines education, administration of controlled substances legislation and health technology assessment.