Simple but effective ways you can prevent poisoning around your home.
Button battery safety resources and videos
Brochures and infographics
Button Battery Awareness posters
General Practice — Button Battery Awareness posters
Metropolitan hospitals — Button Battery Awareness posters
Regional hospitals — Button Battery Awareness posters
- Button battery safety in the home — Important precautions we must all take to keep our children safe from the harms of button batteries in household items. Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
- Button Battery Warning — warning about button battery injuries from the Medical Director of the Emergency Department at the Women’s and Children’s Hospital. SA Health.
- Button Batteries: Tiny batteries, big dangers — an urgent warning about the deadly dangers of button batteries lurking in our homes. ACCC.
Also in this section
- Button battery safety
- What to do if you suspect someone has swallowed or inserted a button battery?
- Who is most at risk?
- Injuries caused by button batteries
- Tips to make your home safe
- Button battery safety checklist
- What to do if suspect you have an unsafe button/coin battery-operated product or battery packaging?
For more information about button batteries and how to make your home safe: