Orthopaedics and Trauma at NALHN
The Department of Orthopaedics & Trauma provides a comprehensive Orthopaedic service to the community, teaching medical students and training medical staff to become Orthopaedic surgeons.
The Department provides a major clinical service at the Lyell McEwin and Modbury Hospitals. Tertiary level Orthopaedic services (except spine, pelvic trauma and complicated Paediatric conditions) are provided at both hospitals.
General and specialist practitioners may refer patients with Orthopaedic conditions to the department. Referral letters detailing the conditions and the urgency of review may be sent to the Outpatient Department (OPD), where the patient will be screened and prioritised for an appointment.
Emergency cases should be directed to the Accident & Emergency Department.
The NALHN Orthopaedic Outpatient GP Referral Guidelines (PDF 323KB) outlines Conditions Seen, Exclusions, Referral Criteria and Triage Information.
- Professor Edward Mah (Head of Dept) - Hand & Upper Limb at LMH and Modbury
- Mr. P Allcock - Paediatric Orthopaedics, Trauma at LMH
- Mr. A Bauze - Hip & Knee Arthroplasty, Arthroscopy, Sports Injuries at LMH
- Mr. R Crowley - Lower Limb at LMH and Modbury
- Mr S Dan - Shoulder and Elbow at Modbury
- Mr. S Hussenbocus - Bone & Soft Tissue Tumour, Hip & Knee Arthroplasty, Trauma at LMH and Modbury
- Mr. A Kurmis - Hip & Knee Arthroplasty, Trauma at LMH
- Mr. S Pandit - Knee, Hip, Trauma at LMH and Modbury
- Mr. S Reddy - Knee & Shoulder at LMH and Modbury
- Mr. A Saies - Hand & Upper Limb at LMH and Modbury
- Mr. K Shrestha - Lower Limb at LMH and Modbury
- Ms. G Silveira - Foot & Ankle, Trauma at LMH and Modbury
- Mr. J Webb - Knee and Joint Replacement at LMH and Modbury
- Ms. B Wong - Perioperative care of the older people (hip fracture, hip & knee arthroplasty), Frailty, Falls and Delirium at LMH and Modbury
Lyell McEwin Hospital General Outpatient Department (OPD)
Modbury Hospital General Outpatient Department (OPD)
OPD Ground Floor Reception Area
Level 2 OPD Clinical Area
OPD Office hours: Monday – Friday 08.45 to 16.45
General Outpatient Reception Phone: (08) 8161 2262 or (08) 8161 2272
General Outpatient Fax: (08) 8161 2591
Switchboard Phone: (08) 8161 2000