COVID-19 update 21 July 2021
21 July 2021
There has been one new locally acquired case of COVID-19 today. The case is a woman in her 20s who acquired her infection locally and is linked to previously confirmed cases in the Modbury cluster.
A man in his 80s remains in the Royal Adelaide Hospital in a stable condition.
There is one new case identified in a medi-hotel. A man in his 60s acquired his infection overseas and has been in hotel quarantine since arriving in SA.
South Australia is in the first day of a seven-day lockdown. Further details can be found at https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/.
We have identified further exposure locations associated with the Modbury cluster. To check if you have visited any of the locations of concern, visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
Modbury cluster cases
- Total new cases today - 1
- Total cases - 6
Total case breakdown
- Total new cases today - 2
- Total number currently in hospital - 1
- Total cases to date - 840
- Recovered cases - 822
- Deaths - 4
- Tests carried out yesterday - 12,899
- Total tests to date - 1,734,048
- Active cases - 14
- Overseas acquired - 8
- Close contact - 5
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) - 0
- Interstate acquired - 1
- Under investigation - 0
- Total vaccinations administered to date - 751,296*
* Figure includes both Commonwealth and SA Health administered vaccines.