COVID-19 update 2 December 2021
02 December 2021
There have been eighteen new cases of COVID-19 reported today. There have been 953 cases reported in South Australia to date.
Today’s cases are eight males between the ages of 30 and 60 years old and ten females in their fifties.
16 cases acquired their infection locally, while two cases acquired their infection interstate.
Visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing for further instructions.
Norwood cluster cases
- Total new cases today - 16
- Total cases - 18
New case breakdown
- New cases today - 18
- New cases vaccinated - 16
- New cases unvaccinated - 0
- Vaccination status unknown - 2
- Overseas acquired - 0
- Locally acquired - 16
- Interstate acquired - 2
- Under investigation - 0
Total case breakdown
- Total new cases since 23 November - 31
- Total active cases - 27
- Total cases - 953
- Deaths - 4
- Tests carried out yesterday - 8,687
Hospitalisation and Health System statistics
- Total cases in hospital - 0
- Total cases in ICU - 0
- Total cases ventilated - 0
- First dose vaccinated (12+) - 89.7%
- Second dose vaccinated (12+) - 80.9%
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- Diarrhoea and vomiting.