Draft for consultation only
This site contains the South Australian Clinical Prioritisation Criteria (CPC) for most frequently referred vascular conditions.
Please note this is not an exhaustive list of all conditions for outpatient services and does not exclude consideration for referral unless specifically stipulated in the vascular exclusions section.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)Adult
- Carotid Artery Disease (CAD)Adult
- High-risk FootAdult
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)Adult
- Varicose Veins / Venous DiseaseAdult
Out of scope
Not all conditions require the development of CPC. Specialist services for which CPC are not required may include:
Vascular exclusions for public specialist outpatient services
Not all services are appropriate to be seen in the South Australian public health system. Exceptions are possible where clinically indicated. The following are not routinely provided in a public specialist outpatient service:
- cosmetic varicose veins/spider veins (CEAP score ≤ 2)
- patients with nonulcerative skin changes and body mass index ≥ 35 not actively engaged in weight loss management
- patients seeking compression hosiery alone should be referred to specialist allied health lymphoedema services or private providers.
See the individual condition pages for more specific emergency information.
To provide feedback regarding the Clinical Prioritisation Criteria or to enquire about the project, please email us at Health.CPC@sa.gov.au.
The Vascular CPC is due for review in May 2024.