This site contains the South Australian Clinical Prioritisation Criteria (CPC) for most frequently referred vascular conditions.
Please note this is not an exhaustive list of all conditions for outpatient services and does not exclude consideration for referral unless specifically stipulated in the vascular exclusions section.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
- Carotid Artery Disease (CAD)
- High-risk Foot
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
- Varicose Veins / Venous Disease
Out of scope
Not all medical conditions are covered by the CPC, as certain conditions may be considered out of scope or managed by other specialist services:
Vascular exclusions for public specialist outpatient services
Not all vascular conditions are appropriate for referral into the South Australian public health system. The following are not routinely provided in a public specialist outpatient service:
- cosmetic varicose veins/spider veins (CEAP score ≤ 2)
- patients with nonulcerative skin changes and body mass index ≥ 35 not actively engaged in weight loss management
- patients seeking compression hosiery alone should be referred to specialist allied health lymphoedema services or private providers.
See the individual condition pages for more specific emergency information.
We welcome requests for further information or feedback on the CPC and website, please refer to the relevant form below.
Please email the completed form to Health.CPC@sa.gov.au.
The Vascular CPC is due for review in May 2024.