Draft for consultation only
This site contains the South Australian Clinical Prioritisation Criteria (CPC) for most frequently referred Cardiology conditions.
Please note this is not an exhaustive list of all conditions for outpatient services and does not exclude consideration for referral unless specifically stipulated in the cardiology exclusions section.
- Angina/Myocardial Ischaemia/Chest PainAdult
- Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter (AF)Adult
- Heart Failure (HF)Adult
- Syncope and Pre-SyncopeAdult
Out of scope
Not all conditions require the development of CPC. Specialist services for which CPC are not required may include:
Not all services are appropriate to be seen in the South Australian public health system. Exceptions are possible where clinically indicated. The following are not routinely provided in a public specialist outpatient service:
- asymptomatic ischaemic heart disease more than 12 months since an acute cardiac event
- asymptomatic well controlled chronic AF
- asymptomatic or symptomatic isolated ectopic beats
See the individual condition pages for more specific emergency information.
To provide feedback regarding the Clinical Prioritisation Criteria or to enquire about the project, please email us at Health.CPC@sa.gov.au.
The Cardiology CPC is due for review in May 2024.