News and events for BPD Collaborative
Kumangka Padninthi – June 2021
‘Growing a community of care’
In June 2021 BPD Co., along with partners, consumers and carers held a learning and development conference. Kumangka Padninthi or ‘Walking Together’ in Kaurna, brought together clinicians, consumers, carers, partners and researchers to learn about emerging practice and contemporary research. Showcasing diverse approaches in working with BPD from brief intervention to specialist therapies and practice with targeted populations, the theme of the conference was ‘growing a community of care’.
View our digital story to experience some of the highlights of the Consumer Carer day.
BPD Co would like to thank everyone who attended to help make our first conference a success.
BPD Awareness Week 2021
Friday 1 to Thursday 7 October 2021
This year's national campaign is titled: Discover Creative Wellbeing. For more information visit the BPD Awareness website
BPD Co is partnering with the Mental Health Coalition of South Australia to offer small grants of up to $2,000 for community organisations who wish to hold a BPD Awareness Week event. For more information, and to apply, visit the Mental Health Coalition website.
More information will be available in the coming weeks about BPD Awareness Week events occurring in communities across South Australia.
BPD Awareness Week 2020
Thursday, 1 to Wednesday, 7 October 2020
Last year we celebrated each day of the week with a series of free online events.
- We created artwork which represents your experience of ‘flipping the script’
- using words to ‘tell your story’
- experienced nature - an email guided activity
- created a collaborative online artwork expressing strengths discovered in the journey of BPD.
You can see some of the fun and activities enjoyed through the week by accessing our digital story (PDF 4MB)
Flipping the Script podcast
BPD Co and headspace Adelaide are proud to introduce a podcast called Flipping the Script, Changing the Narrative on BPD.
During BPD Awareness Week 2020, BPD Co were pleased to collaborate with headspace Adelaide to capture Sam’s experience of BPD on podcast. Sam talks about stigma, seeking help and 'flipping the script' to identify those positives associated with the diagnosis. Thanks to Sam for sharing her valuable experiences, we are confident that her story will bring comfort, clarity and inspiration to other young people!
Listen to Sam's Podcast on Soundcloud.
To keep up to date with BPD Co news and events subscribe to our newsletter.
- May 2021: Statewide BPD Collaborative update issue 8
- November 2020: Statewide BPD Collaborative update issue 7
- June 2020: Statewide BPD Collaborative update: Issue 6
- December 2019: Statewide BPD Collaborative update: Issue 5
- August 2019: Statewide BPD Collaborative update: Issue 4
- February 2019: Statewide BPD service update: Issue 3
- December 2018: Statewide BPD service update: Issue 2
- November 2018: Statewide BPD service update: Issue 1