SA Health: Your official portal to public health services, hospitals, health information and health careers in South Australia
SA Healthy Towns Challenge Grant Winners 2019/20
Twenty-seven applications were received in Round 2 of the SA Healthy Towns Challenge. Congratulations to the six successful recipients and a big thank you to all the 27 applicants.
- Conservation Volunteers Australia: Green Gym – Yankalilla Project
The Yankalilla Green Gym is a community garden, supporting older people and other community members to get active, build social connection and maintain good health and wellbeing
- The Copley & District Progress Association’s Copley Outdoor Gym
A project to encourage physical activity and reduce isolation.
- Coorong District Council’s Coonalpyn Fresh Food Project
A weekly delivery of fresh fruit, vegetables and meat through partnerships with local suppliers to Coonalpyn, which no longer has a supermarket in the town.
- Conservation Volunteers Australia’s Green Gyms in Yankalilla and Two Wells
These projects work on local environmental projects to improve physical and mental wellbeing in people aged over 40 years.
- Ceduna Aboriginal Corporation and Ceduna Youth Hub Bikes Palya Holiday Program
This project supports a bike riding programs for young people to keep them active, and train people to maintain the bikes.
- Leigh Creek Community Progress Association’s Akurra Trail
A project supporting the development of a multi-use trail linking the town to nearby Aroona Dam to promote activity and health outcomes for youth and community members.