Multicultural communities COVID-19 advice
Select your language from the menu below for translated COVID-19 information.
Visit the Aboriginal Communities page for Aboriginal COVID-19 services and translated resources in Pitjantjatjara and English.
Telephone and emergency services contacts
The Australian Migrant Resource Centre (AMRC) has a list of telephone and emergency services contacts, including their multilingual telephone service, which is available from Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 4.30 pm. AMRC Telephone and Emergency Services Contacts August 2020 (PDF 708KB).
Mental health and wellbeing translated resources
Looking after your mental wellbeing is as important as looking after your physical health. It’s also important to know where to go for help.
The Commonwealth government has translated resources on:
- Caring for your mental wellbeing
- Help and support for your mental wellbeing
- Digital and telephone support for mental health during COVID-19
- Help for finances and mental health
Useful pages with translated information and resources
- See the Australian Government Health website for a range of COVID-19 fact sheets and resources in international language translations. The resources include fact sheets, guidelines and other publications.
- See the SBS website for a wide range of translated news and information about COVID-19 in 63 languages. This includes information about restrictions and the latest COVID-19 news from around Australia.
- A resource app for information about the COVID-19 virus and how it impacts Australia is available in 63 languages. To download the app, visit MyAus COVID-19.
- The Department of Home Affairs also has a range of COVID-19 multicultural resources available.
- Beyond Blue have developed information for managing your mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic in languages other than English.
- Multicultural Youth South Australia (MYSA) has put together a four-part video series with useful information about the COVID-19 pandemic, such as what is coronavirus, social distancing, the importance of hygiene, and mental health support. The videos are available in 12 different languages and are voiced by multicultural young people of South Australia. They can be found on Multicultural Youth of SA’s YouTube Channel.
- Migration Council Australia has developed the MyAus COVID-19 app – a multilingual app with information about COVID-19 in 25 languages. The app includes information on COVID-19, available support and short animations in the 25 languages that cover topics such as, handwashing, Telehealth, and Medicare. The app also contains specific COVID-19 information for each state and territory.