Careers for young professionals
SA Health is committed to attracting and retaining young professionals. Our staff are our greatest asset and we encourage a working environment that promotes professional and personal growth and acknowledges staff contribution. SA Health is an employer of choice, offering many interesting and diverse career opportunities. Young professionals thrive working in SA Health as they have a wide range of opportunities for further learning. Read more about SA Health’s Career Story.
SA Health Young Professionals Group
SA Health is committed to fostering the growth and potential of its young employees. One way in which this is done, is through the Young Professionals Group (YPG).
The YPG was established in 2006 by the South Australian Department of Health. The group aims to support young employees by:
- providing a voice for them
- empower them to build skills
- enabling their development as leaders across SA Health.
The YPG has approximately 900 members from across SA Health and the numbers continue to grow. The YPG is free to join and is open to all SA Health Young Professionals aged 35 years and under. The Young Professionals Group provides:
- professional and leadership development opportunities
- opportunities to develop contacts and a greater understanding of other areas of SA Health
- learning from high profile and senior staff through mentoring opportunities
- involvement in challenging SA Health and State Government initiatives
- quarterly social and networking events
- a group of like-minded people, who enjoy having fun!
If you or know someone that is eligible and interested?
Opportunities for young professionals
SA Health offers great career opportunities for young people including traineeships, internships and graduate positions. To find out more visit the SA Health Careers website.