SA Health: Your official portal to public health services, hospitals, health information and health careers in South Australia
Aboriginal health outcome statistics
Aboriginal people, in general, experience poorer health outcomes than other South Australians, based on range of indicators and greater exposure to risk factors. The following websites provide useful information on this topic:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Performance Framework - provides data on progress towards the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) ‘Closing the Gap’ agenda.
- Australian Indigenous Health status (HealthInfoNet) - provides detailed information about the health status of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, including births, deaths and hospitalisation.
- National statistics - Australian Institute of Health and Welfare - data on the health and welfare of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- National data and information standards - Australian Institute of Health and Welfare - information on improving the quality and availability of data and information on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and health service delivery.
- South Australian Aboriginal Health Survey - The report presents an epidemiological analysis of chronic disease prevalence, risk factors, and cultural factors for Aboriginal adults (aged 15 years and over) in South Australia.