Spit out toothpaste, but don't rinse
After brushing, spit out the toothpaste but don't rinse
- Toothpaste contains fluoride which helps to strengthen your teeth
- This works best if you don't rinse the paste off after brushing.
- Clean your teeth morning and night
- Use a small, soft toothbrush
- Children up to 18 months of age do not need toothpaste
- 18 months — five years, use a low-fluoride, children's toothpaste
- From six years, use a pea-sized amount of adult fluoride toothpaste
- Children need an adult to help them brush until they are eight years old.
^ Back to top