About Yarrow Place services
Yarrow Place Rape and Sexual Assault Service is a service for anyone who has been sexually assaulted. Yarrow Place is part of the Youth Women’s Safety and Wellbeing Division of the Women’s and Children’s Health Network.
The Youth and Women’s Safety and Wellbeing Division is dedicated to supporting the health and wellbeing of young people, women and men who have health consequences as a result of sexual assault , relationship violence or domestic and family violence.
Our Service acknowledges and seeks to address
- The impact of violence on people’s health and wellbeing and their quality of life
- The history of injustice towards aboriginal people and ongoing impact on their health and wellbeing.
Yarrow Place provides free and confidential service for people aged 16 years and over at the time of the sexual assault.
- 24 hour Crisis Response Service for recent sexual assault. This includes support from a social worker, medical care by a doctor or nurse and collection of forensic evidence for people who considering legal action.
- Professional counseling and advocacy for recent and past sexual assault clients as well as their support people.
- Group programs, seminars, education, training and community capacity building.
- Country response program provides counseling in the Riverland, Mount Gambier, Whyalla and outreach to surrounding areas including Port Augusta and Port Lincoln regions.
- An Intensive Therapeutic Care Program for Guardianship youth aged 12-25 years, who are at risk of/or are being sexually exploited and/ or have frequent absconding behaviours. Clients must be under Guardianship of the Minister at the time of referral. For more information, see Yarrow Place's Intensive Therapeutic Care Program.
At Yarrow Place people who have been sexually assaulted:
- will be listened to
- will be given information about their medical, legal and counseling options in a way that is clear and easy to understand
- have their right to privacy and confidentiality respected ‑ any limitations to this will be discussed.
Additional service information:
- direct medical and counselling services are free
- interpreters and childcare can be arranged
- a referral is not necessary and all services are by appointment
- office hours are Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm
- there is a 24-hour service for recent sexual assault
Yarrow Place has country workers based in Whyalla, the Riverland and Mount Gambier. If you would like to speak with a country worker and access counselling or training in any of these regions, please call our toll free number 1-800-817-421 for more details.
Contact Yarrow Place
To access a free and confidential service, please call us.
Phone during office hours: (08) 8226 8777
After hours: (08) 8226 8787
Toll-free in SA: 1800 817 421
Fax: (08) 8226 8778
Level 2, 55 King William Road, North Adelaide, South Australia 5006
PO Box 620, North Adelaide, South Australia 5006