Reactivating the Repat
We are Reactivating the Repat and returning the site to a thriving health precinct:
- Re-opened the hydrotherapy pool.
- Secured 40 beds that are already operating – 20 beds currently in rehabilitation building (to be relocated to new 26 bed transition care facility) and 20 beds kept open in the VITA Precinct (originally planned for closure by the end of 2018).
- Developing a 78 bed Dementia Care Facility in partnership with HammondCare, including 2 x 9 bed Specialist Dementia Care Units and 4 x 15 bed cottages.
- Redeveloping a ward to create an 18 bed Neurobehavioural Unit to care for people living with dementia, whose behavioural and psychological symptoms mean their needs can’t be met in mainstream residential care.
- Redeveloping a 12 bed specialist ward for people with dementia and complex care needs.
- Building a 26 bed care transition facility for people with dementia and those transitioning to home or an aged care facility following acute care treatment.
- Creating a state-of-the-art 28 bed brain injury ward and a 25 bed spinal cord rehabilitation ward.
- Establishing a Veterans' Wellbeing Centre and refurbishing the SPF Hall.
- Developing a town square community hub and open outdoor flexible space in the heart of the Repat, including a new wheelchair training and sports gymnasium.
- A new home for the Southern Older Persons Community Mental Health Service.
- Building a new facility for Statewide Eating Disorder Services, including a residential facility.
We are also ensuring the Repat Chapel, Remembrance Gardens, Museum and SPF Hall will be protected and preserved as community assets for future generations.
News and updates
Join our mailing list
Services at the Repat
Map of the Repat
A map (PDF 87KB) is available to help you locate services at the Repat Health Precinct.
Repat RA Ward
Car parking is available for families and friends visiting the Repat RA Ward:
Telephone: 08 7117 5010
Enter Gate 8 off Goodwood Road
Repat Health Precinct, Rehab Building 012
Carpark 2, Northeast Entrance
Daw Park, South Australia 5041
Visiting hours for Repat RA
Southern Adelaide LHN values the role of visitors and understands the importance of loved ones presence in healing, comfort, information gathering and sharing decision making.
We welcome patient visitors 7 days per week (including public holidays) between the hours of 8.00 am to 8.00 pm, if you would like to visit outside these hours we ask that you contact the Ward to discuss further via our switchboard 08 7117 5010.
Please note: If you have a cold, flu, diarrhoea or vomiting symptoms you should not visit until you feel well, for the reason of patient safety and wellbeing. We want to keep children safe therefore when visiting they must be directly supervised by an adult at all times.
For more information about the hydrotherapy pool, contact Seamus Smith from the Southern Adelaide Local Health Network’s Rehabilitation, Aged and Palliative Care Division on 08 7117 5054.
South Australia Medical Imaging (SAMI)
Visit the SAMI Repat page for information about medical imaging services available at the Repat.
Orthotics and Prosthetics SA
Visit the Orthotics and Prosthetics SA page for information about SALHN orthotics and prosthetics specialist and outpatient clinics.