Wound Management Services at Flinders Medical Centre
The wound management nurse practitioner is available to coordinate wound management for patients of Flinders Medical Centre (FMC) who have acute or chronic wounds.
This service is available for inpatients and also in an outpatient clinic.
On request, the wound management nurse practitioner will:
- assess the patient’s wound, and initiate an appropriate treatment plan
- refer to appropriate medical officer for further assessment if required
- provide ongoing evaluation whilst patient is in hospital
- provide patient education to promote understanding and participation in wound healing outcomes
- assist with discharge planning to ensure support for wound management
- provide a link between the community nurse and the general practitioner to ensure continuity of care is supported and maintained
- provide follow up in the Wound Management Clinic
Wound Management Nurse Practitioner - Margie Moncrieff
Telephone: (08) 8204 5511 and ask for pager 38879, (08) 8204 5797 to leave a message
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm