Mental health careers
SA Health is looking for experienced health practitioners who are interested in a dynamic and rewarding career within mental health services. We have multiple opportunities across a range of locations and specialities. Full-time, part-time or casual roles are available.
Opportunities exist in many areas including:
- adult services: inpatient and community
- adult rehabilitation services: inpatient and community centres
- child and adolescent mental health services
- country mental health services
- drug and alcohol services
- emergency services
- forensic inpatient and community services
- intermediate care services
- mental health triage
- older persons mental health services: inpatient and community
- psychiatric intensive care.
Opportunities are available in metropolitan Adelaide and country South Australia.
Mental health professionals deliver recovery oriented services within a multi-disciplinary team.
SA Health supports mental health professionals through access to training and development, with an emphasis on the development of a core set of skills which can be utilised in a variety of mental health care settings.
South Australia’s mental health sector provides many excellent and varied employment opportunities. This is an exciting time to be a part of the mental health workforce and participate in the development and reform of statewide mental health services; and the implementation of the stepped system of care.