Procurement and Supply Chain Management
2018 SA Health Supplier Conference
The second annual SA Health Supplier Conference was held on Friday, 26 October at the Adelaide Convention Centre.
With the 2018 theme of Better Business: Better Healthcare, the Supplier Conference provided its over 450 participants to meet and hear from SA Health stakeholders to discuss how suppliers (both big and small, current and potential), SA Health representatives and industry related bodies can work together and be successful in delivering health services to South Australians.
Presentations from the 2018 SA Health Supplier Conference
Procurement and Supply Chain Management are grateful to all the speakers who took the time to present and contribute to the breakout sessions held at the Conference.
Presentations from these sessions can be accessed below and will be updated regularly with outstanding presentations as they become available.
- Better health care (PDF 989KB)
Dr Paddy Phillips, Chief Medical Office and Chief Public Health Officer, SA Health
- Better Business: Better Healthcare (PDF 2MB)
Andrea Andrews, Chief Procurement Officer, SA Health
- Why we don’t need 50,000 suppliers (PDF 840KB)
Quinton Swann, Director Procurement, SA Health
- Why relationships with suppliers matter (PDF 448KB)
Jonathan Dutton, JD Consultancy
- The strategic role of SA Health Suppliers in the economic development of the State (PDF 3MB)
Marco Baccanti, Chief Executive, Health Industries
Services provided by Procurement and Supply Chain Management
Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSCM) is central to SA Health's ability to deliver the current high level of health care services.
PSCM is responsible for the processes, practices and services that underpin procurement and supply chain operations across SA Health.
We lead the procurement practices across SA Health and support its business operations by providing:
- Advice and assistance to business units on their procurement projects
.Thisincludes all aspects of the procurement life-cycle: planning, tendering, contract development and management
- Purchasing systems for the requisitioning of, and payment for, goods and services
- A range of
procurement relatedservices and systems
We support the supply chain
- Health service, site-based, support services and associated logistics functions
- SA Health Catalogue for Requisitioning
- SA Health Distribution Centre
We ensure procurement functions align with the strategic needs of SA Health, through:
- Development and management of the whole of agency contracts - and ensuring their greater use across the portfolio
- Strategic management – the analysis of activity and trends, modelling and planning for future requirements
- Partnering with health units to:
- identify opportunities for future efficiencies and improvements
a broad rangeprojects and developments across the portfolio
Information for suppliers
The tenders SA Health currently has on offer are advertised on the SA Government tenders and contracts website.
SA Health operates with an $11 million delegation, which is the highest level of accreditation for an agency procurement authority
Further information on South Australian government procurement is available from the State Procurement Board website.
SA Health is also seeking applications on an ongoing basis from suppliers to join the Transition Care Provider (TCP Panel). For more information and to apply, view the TCP Panel page.
If you would like additional information or cannot find the information you are looking for, please email us.