COVID-19 update 8 April 2021
08 April 2021
There has been one new case of COVID-19 today, reported from a medi-hotel. There have been a total of 663 cases notified in South Australia.
Today’s case is a man in his 20s who recently returned from overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since his arrival. He is considered an old infection but has been added to our case numbers as he has not been diagnosed and counted overseas.
A man in his 40s remains in the Royal Adelaide Hospital ICU, in a critical condition.
Both NSW Health and Queensland Health have identified exposure locations associated with positive cases of COVID-19. The full list of locations can be found on the NSW Health website and the QLD Health website.
For more updates and testing requirements, and if you have visited any of the exposure sites, visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/covidcontacttracing.
- Total new cases today - 1
- Total number currently in hospital - 1
- Total cases to date - 663
- Recovered cases - 651
- Deaths - 4
- Tests carried out yesterday - 4,103
- Total tests to date - 1,199,129
- Active cases - 8
- Overseas acquired - 8
- Close contact - 0
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) - 0
- Interstate acquired - 0
SA Health administered vaccinations update
- Vaccinations administered yesterday - 1,814
- Total vaccinations administered to date - 32,635