COVID-19 update 17 October 2021
17 October 2021
There are no new cases of COVID-19 today. There has been a total of 915 cases notified in South Australia.
The truck driver reported by SA Health last night tested positive in Victoria, and therefore has been counted in Victoria’s case numbers.
For information on exposure locations in SA visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
Visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDinterstate for information about interstate exposure locations.
- Total new cases today - 0
- Total number currently in hospital - 0
- Total cases to date - 915
- Recovered cases - 904
- Deaths - 4
- Tests carried out yesterday - 5,214
- Total tests to date - 2,345,052
- Active cases - 7
- Overseas acquired - 2
- Close contact - 1
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) - 0
- Interstate acquired - 4
- Under investigation - 0
- Total vaccinations administered - 1,972,963
- First dose vaccinated (16+) - 75.9%
- Second dose vaccinated (16+) - 58.5%
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- Diarrhoea and vomiting.