Mental Health Policy Domain
Find Mental Health
All SA Health policies that are overdue for review remain in force and continue to be applicable until they are rescinded or updated, irrespective of their scheduled review date.
The Mental Health Domain encompasses the areas of mental health care and service delivery.
The purpose of this Domain is to:
- Ensure there is a consistent system-wide approach to the provision of mental health care across SA Health.
- Ensure there is awareness of the requirements and processes in place for the provision of mental health care across SA Health.
- Ensure our approach to mental health care is consistent and compliant with agreed best practice standards and relevant state and national legislation and policies.
- We apply a consistent system-wide approach to the provision of mental health care across SA Health.
- We are committed to providing equitable and respectful care and treatment to people with a mental illness.
- We are committed to delivering integrated and inclusive services that provide flexible care and treatment options.
- We partner with people with mental illness, their families and support people, and mental health care providers across sectors to improve mental health care for South Australians.
- We align our mental health care services with agreed best practice standards and relevant legislative and policy requirements.
Director Mental Health Planning Policy and Safety