Information, Communications and Technology Policy Domain
Find Information, Communications and Technology
All SA Health policies that are overdue for review remain in force and continue to be applicable until they are rescinded or updated, irrespective of their scheduled review date.
The Information Communication and Technology (ICT) Domain encompasses ICT governance, health technology, protective security and the use of ICT systems, equipment and social media within SA Health.
The purpose of this Domain is to:
- Ensure a consistent system-wide approach to ICT governance, decision-making and use of ICT systems and equipment across SA Health.
- Ensure appropriate investment in, and use of, ICT in alignment with SA Health priorities.
- Ensure staff awareness of the requirements, standards and processes that apply across SA Health in relation to ICT.
- Ensure governance arrangements are in place to oversee ICT planning and decision making.
- Ensure SA Health has robust systems and processes in place to manage and respond to ICT matters.
- Ensure clarity of staff roles and responsibilities in relation to ICT matters.
- We apply a consistent system-wide approach to ICT governance, decision making and use of ICT systems and equipment across SA Health.
- We invest in ICT to improve safety and quality, improve patient outcomes, create a better patient experience, build knowledge, or improve efficiencies and financial sustainability within SA Health.
- We use ICT safely, responsibly and effectively within SA Health.
Director Technology and Infrastructure