South Australian Suicide Prevention Community Grants Scheme
Suicide prevention is everyone’s business.
Since 2014, the South Australian Government has provided $150,000 per year to support state suicide prevention projects and activities through the South Australian Suicide Prevention Community Grants Scheme (SASPCGS).
Evidence suggests that the projects supported by the SASPCGS play an important part in helping to prevent suicide. Raising awareness, breaking-down the stigma, increasing connection and responding compassionately can save lives.
The SASPCGS empowers communities by providing individuals and non-government organisations (NGOs) with between $500 and $10,000 to deliver localised suicide prevention projects that address the priority areas of the South Australian Suicide Prevention Plan 2017-2021 and meet the needs of a specific group or community.
The twenty successful Grant recipients for 2017/18 are listed on the SASPCG 2017 Successful Bids Fact Sheet (PDF 102KB)
Applications are now CLOSED for the 2018/19 South Australian Suicide Prevention Community Grants Scheme
SA Health is seeking applications for suicide prevention project activities to be undertaken from 01 July 2018 to 31 June 2019.
To be eligible:
- Applicants must demonstrate that their proposal meets suicide prevention need objectives for a South Australian community
- Applicants must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and projects or activities must be specifically for South Australians
- Read the SASPCG 2018 Fact Sheet (PDF 109KB)
- Download and complete the SASPCG 2018 Application Form Word version (DOC 142KB) / PDF version (PDF 1,020KB)
- Submit the completed application to Health.OCPSuicidePrevention@sa.gov.au by 5:00 pm ACST (Australian Central Standard Time), Monday 9 April 2018.
Please note that late applications WILL NOT be accepted.
For further information, please contact the Office of the Chief Psychiatrist, SA Health:
PO Box 287
Adelaide SA 5000
Telephone: (08) 8226 1091