Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards
The South Australian Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards (Awards) recognise and acknowledge the significant contribution that nurses and midwives make to their professions and the wider community through their practice.
The Awards are open to all nurses, midwives or nursing and midwifery teams working in a speciality area or health care environment. This includes those working in the public sector, private sector, primary health care, rural and remote, aged care, education, research or private practice who you feel deserve to be recognised for their excellence.
Congratulations to the 2019 finalists!
Congratulations to the finalists of the 2019 Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards:
- Nurul Adnan, Southern Adelaide Local Health Network
- Benjamin Lockwood, Southern Adelaide Local Health Network
- Elvis Tozer, Southern Adelaide Local Health Network
- Justin Churchill, Northern Adelaide Local Health Network
- Bronwyne Findlow, Northern Adelaide Local Health Network
- Rikki Arbon, Northern Adelaide Local Health Network
- Gavin Pead – Ferenczi, Central Adelaide Local Health Network
- Briony Mitchell, Central Adelaide Local Health Network
- Ann Felder, Country Health SA Local Health Network
- Rachel Yates, Country Health SA Local Health Network
- Lyn Olsen, Country Health SA Local Health Network
- Jacinta Hannigan, Country Health SA Local Health Network
- Jessica Robinson, Country Health SA Local Health Network
- Kate Hanly, Women’s and Children’s Health Network
- Fiona Margrie, Women’s and Children’s Health Network
- Jennifer Gillis, Women’s and Children’s Health Network
- Anne Jackson, Women’s and Children’s Health Network
- Julie Fleet, University of South Australia
- Lois McKellar, University of South Australia
- Breast Care Team, St Andrew’s Hospital
- Get up Get Dressed Get Moving to end PJ Paralysis Team – Central Adelaide Local Health Network
- Virtual Clinical Care Monitoring Hub Team, Country Health SA Local Health Network.
South Australian Humanitarian Award 2019
The South Australian Nursing and Midwifery Humanitarian Award
All nominations will be submitted online through the SA Health Careers website: http://www.sahealthcareers.com.au
Quoting Job number: 687912
Nominations open: Monday 4 February 2019
Nominations close: 5 pm on Friday 15 March 2019
Complete the nomination form. Here you can provide information about the individual and explain why you think they should be a recipient. Be sure to include sufficient information about the nominee’s work. This will assist us to make the best decision possible. To ensure consistency across nominations, word limits have been given on each question. Please try to keep your answers within these limits. We can accept up to 2 supporting documents: this may include written information from colleagues, clients, etc, as well as examples of the nominee’s work.
Who can be nominated for a Humanitarian Award?
Any nurse or midwife currently working in South Australia.
Who can nominate?
Anyone can nominate an individual for an Award. An individual may also nominate themselves.
How do I make a nomination?
All nominations will be submitted online through the SA Health Careers website.
What do we want to know:
What work has the nominee undertaken
Why is this work an exceptional contribution, above and beyond other people?
When do nominations close?
Nominations for this year's Awards close
How are nominations assessed?
The Awards are judged by a panel made up of senior nursing and midwifery staff from across all health care sectors. The panel considers nominations based on whether the nominee’s achievements represent an exceptional contribution to the humanitarian field deserving of wider recognition. The panel uses information provided in the nomination as the primary basis of its decision-making. Further information may be requested if required.
Gala dinner tickets
Award winners will be announced at the 19th Annual SA Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards gala dinner on Friday 10 May 2019.
Dinner tickets will be available from 12 March 2019.
To purchase tickets, go
SA Health would like to acknowledge the contribution of the following sponsors:
- PLATINUM SPONSOR: Flinders University College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- GOLD SPONSOR: Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (SA Branch)
- SILVER SPONSOR: School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of South Australia
- PRINTING SPONSOR: ArteGraphica
- GIFT BAG SPONSOR: YNA, Your Nursing Agency
- GIFT BAG INSERT: The University of Adelaide
For more information
Nursing and Midwifery Office
Office of Professional Leadership
Ph: 8226 0749