Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards
The South Australian Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards (Awards) recognise and acknowledge the significant contribution that nurses and midwives make to their professions and the wider community through their practice.
The Awards are open to all nurses, midwives or nursing and midwifery teams working in a speciality area or health care environment. This includes those working in the public sector, private sector, primary health care, rural and remote, aged care, education, research or private practice who you feel deserve to be recognised for their excellence.
Nominations now open
Nominations for the 2020 Awards are now open!
The 2020 Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards comprise of 12 Award categories:
- Mary Buckskin Excellence in Practice: Aboriginal Nurse/Midwife
- Excellence in Practice: Registered Nurse
- Excellence in Practice: Registered Midwife
- Excellence in Practice: Enrolled Nurse
- Excellence in Education (Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife)
- Excellence in Person Centred Care - Team Award (Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife/Enrolled Nurse)
- Excellence in Research and Knowledge Translation (Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife)
- Excellence in Practice in Aged Care (Registered Nurse/Enrolled Nurse)
- Early Career Nurse/Midwife of the Year (Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife/Enrolled Nurse)
- Excellence in Leadership (Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife)
- Consumer Appreciation Award
- Humanitarian Award
All nominees will be assessed against specific criteria. To read more about the assessment process please read the 2020 NMEA Nomination Guide (PDF 147KB).
To nominate, visit the SA Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards.
For more information
Nursing and Midwifery Office
Office of Professional Leadership
Telephone: (08) 8226 0749