Modbury Hospital Redevelopment Project
Great things are happening here.
Modbury Hospital is undergoing a $98 million redevelopment. We’ve listened to feedback. We’re easing pressure on our emergency departments, providing access to a higher level of care closer to home, growing and strengthening surgical services, providing more privacy and a home-like environment for palliative care patients, upgrading facilities and enhancing the experience for patients, visitors and staff.
This major upgrade of Modbury Hospital will provide facilities that meet the needs of patients, staff and visitors now and into the future. This is an exciting period in the history of the hospital as the investment into world-class infrastructure will ensure that our staff can provide the very best patient care closer to home for residents in the north and north-east.
For further information about the upgrade, please refer to the Modbury Hospital Redevelopment Latest Updates page.
Major highlights of the redevelopment include:
- Expansion of the surgical floor to allow for more surgeries
- Eight additional beds created in an Extended Emergency Care Unit
- Co-locating the EECU with an upgraded 26 bed Short Stay General Medical Unit
- A new purpose-built 20-bed Palliative Care Unit to ensure patients are cared for in a suitable environment
- Relocating the Outpatients Department to allow more streamlined access in a more efficient location
- Development of a four-bed High Dependency Unit
- Updating the façade to modern standards.
Part of the upgrade includes the reestablishment of a High Dependency Unit (HDU) at Modbury Hospital.