Public Health Week
Public Health Week 2019 will be held from Monday 8 April to Friday 12 April (aligning with World Health Day on Sunday 7 April).
The theme for Public Health Week 2019, 5 Ways to wellbeing focuses on five easy ways to build a healthier community for all South Australians.
For a list of events being held during Public Health Week visit out 2019 Public Health Week Calendar of Events (PDF 78KB).
|Monday 8 April||Connect|
|Tuesday 9 April||Be Active|
|Wednesday 10 April||Take Notice|
|Thursday 11 April||Keep Learning|
|Friday 12 April||Give
The 5 Ways to Wellbeing are five simple steps we can all take to protect and improve our mental and physical health and wellbeing
Ideas for getting involved
SA Health will provide resources and support for Public Health Week. Councils and organisations are encouraged to shape activities and additional communications as needed. Some ideas include:
- launch or showcase a key public health initiative (e.g. opening of a walking trail, redeveloped park, installation of fitness equipment, new plan or policy)
- host a special event, display or activity to highlight a significant public health issue
- order public health resources from SA Health using the order forms below for display and/or distribution to the community
- promote your public health initiatives by:
- preparing a media release about Public Health Week and local public health programs, services and achievements
- posting information on your websites and social media
- writing an article about Public Health Week or offer inserts for school and other community newsletters.
- displaying Public Health Week posters and resources in public spaces.
SA Health has a range of Public Health resources available. These include:
- Resource Toolkit for Local Councils (PDF 720KB), which is for Local Councils participating in Public Health Week 2019
- Health Promotion Community Education Resource order form (DOC 159KB) which includes the:
- Australian Dietary Guidelines
- Healthy Weight Guide
- Physical Activity Guidelines
- Health Protection Programs Resource order form (DOC 2.2MB) which includes:
- Fight the Bite
- swimming pool resources
For more information about Public Health Week 2019, contact SA Health’s Local Government Relations and Policy Team on telephone (08) 8226 7957 or email email@example.com.
Public Health Week 2017
Public Health Week 2017 will be held from Monday 3 April to Friday 7 April (aligning with World Health Day on Friday 7 April).
The theme for Public Health Week 2017, ‘Step Up. Be Healthy’ focuses on the physical as well as metaphorical steps that we can take as
For a full list of events being held during Public Health Week, visit our 2017 Public Health Week events page.
|Monday 3 April||
|Tuesday 4 April||
|Wednesday 5 April||
|Thursday 6 April||
|Friday 7 April||It's not just our physical health……..World Health Day (Theme: Depression)|
For more information about Public Health Week 2017, contact SA Health’s Local Government Relations and Policy Team on telephone (08) 8226 7957 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Health Week 2016
Look ‘behind the scenes’ during Public Health Week
Public Health Week 2016 provided a great opportunity to learn more about public health and all the ways it touches your life every day, as well as what you can do to keep safe and well.
For example, public health in South Australia:
- protects your health
- prevents illness
- promotes ways people can achieve and maintain good health and wellbeing
- is delivered by the State Government, local councils and other organisations, all working together to deal with existing public health issues and to prepare for challenges in the future.
Public Health Week activities
During Public Health Week 2016, there
Local Councils and Public Health Week
Public Health Week provided opportunities for local councils to showcase their public health initiatives through activities like events, displays and promotions.