A food business has a legal responsibility to ensure that food sold to customers is handled and processed in a way that will ensure its safety. Food must be adequately and accurately labelled to ensure consumers can make an informed choice.
This section will help you to find information to assist you to comply with the law and provide safe and accurately labelled food to your customers.
In this section
- Food regulation in Australia and New Zealand
- Starting a food business
- Health and hygiene responsibilities for food business’
- Food safety audits
- Composition and labelling of food
- Food safety inspections
- Skills and knowledge for food handlers
- Food safety issues for businesses
- Food industry sector information
- Resources for food businesses
- Food Safety Rating Scheme
- Food recall plan
- Priority classification of food businesses