Healthy living resources
SA Health together with the Commonwealth Government provides a variety of health promotion resources to South Australian health professionals, community service providers and the community.
Resources to download and print
Australian Dietary Guidelines
- Australian Dietary Guidelines - summary (PDF 4MB)
- Eat for Health Educator Guide - Information for nutrition educators (PDF 4.16MB)
- Giving your baby the best start - brochure (PDF 351KB)
- Healthy eating for children - brochure (PDF 3.4MB)
- Healthy eating for adults - brochure (PDF 3.41MB)
- Healthy eating during your pregnancy - brochure (PDF 2.2MB)
Australian Physical Activity Guidelines
- National Physical Activity Recommendations for Children (0 to 5 years) Move and Play Every Day (PDF 1556 KB)
- Australia’s Physical Activity & Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines for Children (5 to 12 years) Make your move – Sit less – Be active for life! brochure (PDF 1194 KB)
- Australia’s Physical Activity & Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines for Young People (13 to17 years) Make your move – Sit less – Be active for life! brochure (PDF 1337 KB)
- Australia’s Physical Activity & Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines for Adults (18-64 years) Make your Move – Sit less – Be active for life! brochure (PDF 1236 KB)
- Physical Activity Recommendations for Older Australians (65 years and older) Choose Health: Be Active: A physical activity guide for older Australians - (PDF 1268KB)
Healthy Weight Guide
For links to recipes and healthy recipe tips go to the Healthy Recipes page
Free hardcopy resources to order:
A new process to order hardcopy resources is currently being set up and is expected to be in place in November 2019. As a result, from 18 October 2019, you will not be able to use the below forms to order hardcopy resources.
For free copies of printed resources, please complete an order form below and fax, email or post to the details on the form:
SA Health is unable to provide resources to members of the public or organisations outside of South Australia.