Sunrise EMR & PAS, SA Health’s electronic medical record
SA Health is committed to protecting and improving the health of all South Australians by providing leadership in health reform, public health services (PDF 598KB), health and medical research, policy development and planning, with an increased focus on wellbeing, illness prevention, early intervention and quality care.
Expanding the electronic medical record system (EMR) to include more hospitals and healthcare sites in South Australia is one of the ways SA Health is demonstrating its commitment to the South Australian community.
SA Health's electronic medical record - Sunrise EMR & PAS
The electronic medical record system used in South Australia is called Sunrise EMR & PAS. It is a state-based electronic medical record that replaces the need for paper-based documentation and provides a consistent and complete electronic medical record for patients across SA Health hospitals and health services where it has been activated. View locations below.
See the following to find out more about Sunrise EMR & PAS and access information and resources:
- For patients, families and community
- Aged and Community care & private hospitals
- Training requirements for SA Health staff, agency staff and students on placements
Sites using the electronic medical record
The Sunrise system is currently active at the following sites
- Aldinga GP Plus Health Care Centre
- Flinders Medical Centre (select service areas) - View Only access
- Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre
- Marion GP Plus Health Care Centre
- Mt Gambier and Districts Health Service
- Noarlunga GP Plus Super Clinic
- Noarlunga Health Service
- Port Augusta Hospital and Health Service
- Royal Adelaide Hospital
- SA Ambulance headquarters (Extended Care Paramedics, MedSTAR and Mental Health Triage teams) - View Only access
- St Margaret’s Rehabilitation Hospital
- The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
The implementation of the remaining clinical functionality at the Royal Adelaide Hospital will be completed by mid-2020.
Further healthcare sites are in scope to come online in the future.