About SA Health
SA Health is committed to protecting and improving the health of all South Australians by providing leadership in health reform, public health services, health and medical research, policy development and planning, with an increased focus on well being, illness prevention, early intervention and quality care.
SA Health is the brand name for the health portfolio of services and agencies responsible to our Minister, the Minister for Health and Wellbeing.
The portfolio consists of the:
- Department for Health and Wellbeing
- SA Ambulance Service
- Commission on Excellence and Innovation in Health
- Wellbeing SA
- Barossa Hills Fleurieu Local Health Network
- Central Adelaide Local Health Network
- Eyre and Far North Local Health Network
- Flinders and Upper North Local Health Network
- Limestone Coast Local Health Network
- Northern Adelaide Local Health Network
- Riverland Mallee Coorong Local Health Network
- Southern Adelaide Local Health Network
- Women’s and Children’s Health Network
- Yorke and Northern Local Health Network.
SA Health Organisational Chart (PDF 129KB)
SA Health provides many important services to the South Australian community including:
- public hospitals
- metropolitan and country health service delivery
- environmental health
- communicable disease control
- health promotion
- pathology services
- drug and alcohol services
- emergency and ambulance
- organ donation.
Who we liaise with
SA Health liaises closely with other agencies in government, particularly:
- Department for Education
- Department of Human Services
- Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure
- Department of the Premier and Cabinet
- Department of Treasury and Finance
SA Health also engages with some non government and community service providers on a formal, direct basis and more broadly, on policy and planning matters.